I’m always on the lookout for the next big altcoin. Something that when adopted at an early stage can lead to big gains further down the line. I’ve recently come across a coin which is poised for big things: It’s JSEcoin. Read on to find out more…
What is JSEcoin?
Anyone with a website or web browser can mine this cryptocurrency.
At the moment, JSEcoin is Pre-ICO and thus presents a great opportunity to be an early adopter and potentially make substantial gains further down the line.
How it works
1) Anyone with a website can add a snippet of code to their site and this makes all visitors do the coin mining for you when they are browising your site.
Website visitors carry out the mathematical hashing process in the background while browsing your website using excess CPU power which would be otherwise wasted; this provides the hashing functionality required to secure the blockchain
Effectively, you earn coins as a passive income. It literally took me 15 minutes to set up… I’ll go through each set up step later in the post. Also, I didn’t see a drag on my website speed performance which was an initial concern.
2) If you don’t own a website then no problem, JSEcoin lets you mine from your browser. It’s that easy!
At the moment JSEcoin has a value of 1 USD which is great. Although you can’t cash them in currently due to the earliness of the project, it’s my view that it’s a great time to hodl !
How to set up JSECoin mining for website owners
1. Follow this link and register on the JSEcoin site – click here
2. Click on ‘publishers’ left sidebar
3. Type in your website’s domain name
4. Click setup site button
For WordPress owners
If like me you are a WordPress website owner, then it’s been made super simple using a plugin.
2. Go to your WordPress dashboard
3. Add a new plugin by searching for the plugin JSEcoin
4. Add the plugin.
5. Go to the left hand side WordPress dashboard menu and a item called JSEcoin will be there
7. Click save
8. You’re done! Easy as that
How it works for mining
1. User goes to the site and registers
2. Click on ‘Mining’ on left sidebar
3. Click ‘START MINING’ button
I noticed that if you keep the mining application open in the main browser the hash rate is greater. When minimised it is lower.
What if you’re not interested in mining via a browser or website?
Various options available for the purchasing of JSEcoins as a speculative investor at a rate of $1 USD per JSECoin.
That being said, there is currently no way to cash out your JSEcoins, this should be possible after a planned ICO for around Q2 2018
At which time, it has been suggested by the developers that JSEcoin will be able to be sent to exchanges and swap for Bitcoin, USD, or other altcoin ect.
Also, according to the developers, the platform is currently being integrated with Metamask – a Chrome based wallet which facilitates Ethereum ERC20 transactions and can export private keys for offline storage.
This should be released by the beginning of November 2017 and thus provide a wallet available to store coins outside of the JSE platform.
I really like the following things about JSEcoin:
1. It’s in the early stages of development; this is when the best gains can be made
2. It’s a great way for webmasters to passively monetise their platforms
3. It’s a great way for new cryptocurrency investors to get involved in mining; no rig super farms needed to take part!
4. The JSEcoin platform is super slick, easy to use, and you can be mining within an hour.
5. The developers seem to be focused and ambitious
Getting involved at an early stage with such a project is always a risk, but this is one that I’m jumping into with both feet. If you want come and join me, then click on the following link and join me over there.
Feel free to leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on the project.